Information Security, Computer & Network Security
I'm Jason Ross, a passionate principal cyber-security consultant looking to help build a team of creative, smart, hackers.
Jason Ross's Bio:
- Jason leads the penetration testing efforts of the FedRAMP practice at NCC Group, developing processes and tools required to take the practice from concept to a successful federally accredited third-party assessor (3PAO) with over a million dollars of sales annually.
- Jason is also a frequent speaker at industry events, including BSides Las Vegas, DEF CON Skytalks, and various regional conferences.
Jason Ross's Experience:
Principal Consultant at NCC GroupJune 2015 - Present | New York, NY
- Develop and lead the penetration testing team for the NCC Group FedRAMP practice. - Act as technical lead on multi-consultant engagements, managing project flow, work allocation, and client satisfaction. - Mentor other consultants in areas of skills expertise. - Work with sales team during the sales process, providing technical scoping requirement for upcoming projects. - Meet with prospective clients in a pre-sales capacity to explain service offerings and provide technical insight into testing methodologies. - Perform research on new security attack and defense methods. Participate in and present at security industry working groups, conferences, and organizations. - Perform penetration testing and security assessments of mobile applications and devices, web applications, and networks.
Senior Consultant at Intrepidus GroupNovember 2010 - June 2015 | New York, NY
- Perform research on new security attack and defense methods. Participate in and present at security industry working groups, conferences, and organizations. - Perform penetration testing and security assessments of mobile applications and devices, web applications, and networks.
Senior Consultant at BT / INSDecember 2008 - November 2010 | Austin, TX
- Performed web application, wireless, and internal/external network penetration testing. Document discovered vulnerabilities, categorize risk, and provide reproduction steps to clients. - Assessed network and host device configurations and policies to discover weak security settings. - Provided security guidance and strategies to client system architects and application developers.
Jason Ross's Education:
Finger Lakes Technical and Career Center1992 – 19932 year vocational degreeConcentration: Graphic Arts
Jason Ross's Interests & Activities:
Adversary Emulation, Android Security, Application Security, Computer Security, Cyber Security, Hacking, Incident Response, Information Security, Information Security Management, Internet of Things, IoT, Linux, Mobile Security, Network Security, Penetration Testing, Purple Team, Red Team, Security, Security Architecture Design, Security Audits, Social Engineering, Threat Emulation, Unix, Vulnerability Assessment, Web App Penetration Test, Web Application Security